Monday, May 14, 2018

Blog #3   Why Doritos are so popular world wide and why do they taste different

Doritos can be found all over the world from Spain to America back to Australia all the way to South Korea. Supposedly they aren't actually that popular in South America and are only sold in one country, I couldn't find which one. The Kiwis only recently hopped on the Dorito train in 2010! So many years wasted!


I know first hand that Doritos taste different in different countries. I was in Florida eight years ago and I basically ate my way around Disneyland. My snack of choice? Not so shockingly, was Doritos. First of all the bags were much bigger but also filled with more air. Second of all the nacho itself was a lot bigger and had much more powder on it. I have to admit I did prefer the ones in America but I am not really surprised as it is the home of the Dorito! They also had a few more flavours like pickled onion and buffalo wing and ranch.
So I have made a recent discovery of a new flavour of doritos. LIME. They are also sold in Dublin and I had never even seen them before! My friend went to buy them and of course I always look at the only flavour I love, Cool Original but when I lifted my head and the saw the lime flavour I nearly had a heart attack.


If I thought those flavours were weird I just found out that in South Korea they do flavours like: yoghurt, clam chowder, Italian seafood and crispy salmon! I didn't even know Italian seafood was different to normal seafood !
Interestingly the corn that goes into making Doritos can actually grow anywhere in the world apart from Antarctica. I don't know why more countries don't make them because surely they would be a cheap alternative to other crops! My solution to world hunger is Doritos! The issue is all the other ingredients that go into them....



Xoxo Molly





picture: ocado.com















No comments:

Post a Comment